East Down Church
East Down church is a grade 2* listed building, and was first recorded in 1260. The building was the local manorial chapel, dating from the 13th century, prior to becoming a parish church by gift in 1469. Numerous additions, alterations and refurbishments have taken place over the centuries. The rood screen is of particular note, a fine example of 15th century craftsmanship, and was carefully restored in 1925. the tower is the oldest part of the building, bearing a 'bullet' hole from a skirmish during the Civil War. Within the churchyard is a rare example of a church house, dating from the same period as the church itself.
The church is dedicated to St John the Baptist.