Arlington church is a Grade 2* listed building situated within the grounds of Arlington Court, a popular National Trust property. The church was largely rebuilt in the 19th century, and comprises a nave, south transept, chancel and tower.
The tower houses a peal of six bells, which are rung occasionally by both local and visiting teams. The church contains a number of monuments to the Chichester family, including one to Rosalie Chichester (d.1949) who bequeathed Arlington Court to the National Trust.
The church is dedicated to St. James